Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Why is fun wallpaper so hard to find?

I don't necessarily mean that cool funky wallpaper doesn't exist (for example, see funkis or tappetitalo), but it doesn't exist for those who don't need to cover a room with it. ;)

I know most people want to cover rooms/walls/etc. with wallpaper, but not me! I want to cut it into little squares and make it into something totally new! My resin knobs. (Click "knobs" on the right-hand side of the page.)

I just cast a whole mess of knobs on Sunday. It's really fun (if you ignore the smell and the mosquitoes). Well, I think it's fun. Especially when I get to see the end product. Photos coming soon.

Anyway, what I want is busy patterened wallpaper, because each knob is only 1 1/4 " wide and I want some action going on in each one! But alas, most people don't want repeating patterns of 1 1/4 " on their walls. Therein lies the conundrum! Aside from the fact that I want sample sizes, and I don't blame manufacturers for looking down their noses at me when I ask for "just a little bit" of their wallpaper. I've contacted a few others that I found today (see above!) so hopefully they'll pull through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home